"Web Developer Boot Camps"
We offer customized intensive training for Java Web Developers who will be working in the corporate world. For reskilling boot camps, we especially focus on mainframe vs web and Object Oriented vs Structured programming. Throughout the boot camp, we point out the similarities and differences in order to ease the transition from mainframe to Java, OO, and web development. Our instructors have extensive experience in both mainframe and web development, as well as the connectivity between the two platforms. Topics include:
- Core Java, Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
- Testing, JUnit
- UML, Object-Oriented (OO) concepts and logic, OO Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns for core Java, Architectures/Frameworks, MVC, etc.
- Web Technologies Overview
- Server side: Java servlets, Web Services, JSPs (JavaServer Pages), JSTL, Struts, JSFs (JavaServer Faces), Node.js, Spring, XML, XSL, XSLT, JDBC, Database connections, batch files, etc.
- Web page design, GUI Design, Development strategies
- Support tools and IDEs (Integrated Development Environments), such as Eclipse, RAD
- Windows, DOS, Unix, Shell Scripts
- Web Servers: Liberty, Apache TomCat, WAS (WebSphere Application Server), others
- Connecting batch java and web applications to mainframe processing, such as DB2 Stored Procedures, WebSphere MQ, CICS Web Services, CICS transactions, etc.
- And more . . .
We customize our curriculum to your needs and time constraints. We work with your instructors, if you wish to include your own staff.
Our instructors pace the training and present workshops based on students' experience and background. Students in our boot camp programs have many different backgrounds, ranging from those who have worked for many years in non-computer positions on the business side to IS college graduates and experienced programmers switching to a new area of expertise.
In addition to class exercises and discussion, our workshops range from specific key-stroke exercises, to loosely-structured short workshops, to comprehensive, intensive, multi-day case studies and hackathons.
Contact Us for More Information:
Call us at 212-730-5245, or if you prefer, email us to receive more information. We are pleased to customize courses and develop new courses to meet your needs.
Boot Camp List
Curriculum Topics List