WebSphere MQ Technical Overview
|Duration: 1 day
|Participants: Application Developers, project managers, and other technical personnel who need to have an understanding of WebSphere MQ.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the features and functionality of WebSphere MQ and its relationship to the rest of the WebSphere family of products.
- Describe the basic components and structure of WebSphere MQ (messages, queues, queue managers, channels, clusters, etc.)
-  Describe the different MQ Queues and message styles.
- Describe the functionality of the MQI (Message Queuing Interface) commands.
- Describe basic program design for accessing and writing to the different types of queues, and identify the impact of MQ processing on application design.
- Describe features of WebSphere MQ that contribute to system security.
- Contrast and describe essential differences in the MQI across the different MQSeries platforms.
|Overview: This course provides a technical overview of WebSphere MQ (formerly called MQSeries) and describes its features and functionality. Both mainframe (z/OS) and distributed environments are presented.
Some prior technical experience working is strongly recommended before taking this course. Skills and experience in one or more of the following areas will enable you to derive more benefit from this course:
- Communications and networking
- Application development
- Transaction processing
- Database Management
- z/OS development platform
|Format: Lecture and discussion with class exercises.
- WebSphere MQ Definition and Concepts
The Messaging model
The WebSphere Family
MQI (Message Queuing Interface)
Distributed vs mainframe support
Asynchronous vs synchronous messaging
Reliability and support
- The Messaging Model
Call and response scenarios
WebSphere MQ Parallel Execution
WebSphere MQ Clusters
- MQI Objects Overview
Basic MQI calls
Queue Managers and Clients
System Default Queues
Process Definitions and Trigger Monitor
Types of triggers
- WebSphere MQ Security
Message level security
- Distributed Queue Management
Message groups and Segmented Messages
JMS Programming concepts
- MQ Administration and setup