Courses - Scripting Languages
|Duration: 2 days|
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the Document object and use its properties, methods, and event handlers.
- Describe the purpose of the Form object and use its properties, methods, and event handlers to read and write to HTML forms.
- Validate user input in HTML forms including testing for required fields, numeric data and numeric data within a range of values specified, and string data.
- Describe the purpose of the Date object, instantiate and use instances of the Date object to create clocks, count-down timers, and perform date math.
- Describe the purpose of the Math object and use its constants and methods to perform mathematical operations.
- Spawn new windows.
- Create rollovers and ad banners.
|Prerequisites: A strong understanding of HTML programming is required. Some programming experience is desirable, but not essential.|
|Format: Lecture and discussion with hands-on exercises.|
Possible Uses and Practical Applications
Variables and Data Types
- The Window Object
The Window Object
Status Bar Messages
Spawning new Windows and Window Manipulations
- The Document Object
The Document Object
Writing to Documents
- Working with Frames
HTML Frames Review
Scripting for Frames
- Working with Forms and Forms-based Data
The Form Object
Reading Data from Form Elements
- Validating Form Data
A General Approach, Testing for Required Fields, Validating Data
- Dates and Math
Overview of the Date Object, Using and manipulating Dates, Overview of the Math Object
- Introduction to Cross-browser Compatibility