HTML5 and CSS3: Advanced
|Duration: 2 days|
|Participants: Users, developers, and technical staff at all levels who need to understand and use advanced HTML techniques to build better Web pages.|
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use advanced HTML tags, attributes, and syntax.
- Add marquees, graphics, and sound to Web pages using HTML.
- Create Client-side image maps using polygon, rectangle, and circular hotspots.
- Use advanced HTML attributes and tags to create tables and frames.
- Create Cascading Style Sheets using linked, embedded and inline methods.
- Use server-push and client-pull techniques.
- Embed Java Applets in a Web Page.
- Use PaintShopPro for advanced graphics and image techniques.
- Create an animated GIF file and embed it in an HTML document.
- Evaluate Web page design and consider design issues that affect web pages.
- Consider future directions: What is DHTML, XHTML, XML?
- This course covers the advanced features of Web site design. You will use advanced techniques to develop and style Web pages, and learn how to make them more interactive as well as learn advanced HTML tags and syntax, advanced frames and tables techniques, and advanced construction of image maps. You will utilize advanced graphics capabilities of PaintShopPro, reduce the color palette in graphic images, resize graphic images by changing file types, and learn to create animated GIFs.
|Prerequisites: A working knowledge of basic HTML tags and attributes, and experience with an Internet browser.|
|Format: Lecture and discussion with hands-on exercises.|
- Advanced HTML Tags and Attributes
Advanced HTML markup tag syntax including Div tag and Span Tag.
- Advanced Tables
Tables vs frames.
Integrating nested tables and using them for creative design.
- Advanced Frames
Advanced frame design.
Frame properties and attributes.
- Embedding Applets and ActiveX Components
Write the HTML document to interact with Java applets on a Webpage.
Pass parameters to an applet through an HTML file.
Identify the functions of ActiveX controls.
- Web Graphics and Color Images
Using a Graphic editor: PaintShopPro.
Understanding and using color palettes to reduce the size of images.
Converting between image types (gif, jpg, tif, and bmp).
Creating Animated GIFs.
- Cascading Style Sheets
Create inline, embedded, and linked style sheets.
Use selector tags, classes, and IDs to create various kinds of styles for your HTML document.
Include the style information within an HTML document using the STYLE element, SPAN element, and LINK element.
- Image Maps
Identify the types of image maps that can be created on a web browser.
Identify the definition of Client-side image maps.
Identify the function of a map file. Identify the coordinates of the clickable areas.
Create a map file, given the coordinates of the clickable areas, and the respective URLs.
Write the HTML code to link the image, image map, and mapping program.
Include a Client-side image map in a Webpage, given the graphic file name, and a pre-defined map name.