|Duration: 3 days|
|Participants: This course is designed for students who are experienced COBOL CICS developers who need to program more efficiently and use some of the newer CICS features of CICS TS and CICS/ESA.|
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe and use new features in CICS TS and CICS/ESA.
- Use a variety of efficient techniques to reduce the size, run-time, and transmission time of CICS programs.
- Describe the impact of multiple and remote regions and use them to write more complex systems.
- This course focuses on writing efficient, complex CICS Applications and using new features found in CICS TS and CICS/ESA.
|Prerequisites: A working knowledge of CICS COBOL programming is required.|
|Format: Lecture and hands-on computer workshops.|
- CICS Terminology (Review)
- Transmission Efficiencies
- Abends and Abend Trapping
- Data Sharing between Programs
- Program Control
Menus and RETURN
- Internal Control
Interval control features
WAIT EVENT, POST
- I/O Efficiencies
SET versus INTO on READ, RECEIVE, MAP, etc.
- Transient Data
WRITEQ TD, READQ TD, DELETEQ TD
- CICS Storage Protection and Transaction Isolation
- CICS Intercommunication Facilities
MRO Time-sharing Remote resources
CALL API, EXEC API
- Miscellaneous Topics
Finding the cursor location
- Design Considerations
- CICS Environmental Factors