|Duration: 1 day|
|Participants: Programmers with experience programming on a mainframe or others with a strong understanding of mainframe data storage.|
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use Syncsort to sort or merge FB and VB mainframe datasets.
- Use Syncsort to eliminate undesired records, and to change the order and width of columns in your data records.
- Use Syncsort as a copy program.
- Use Syncsort to create simple reports with headers/trailers, etc.
- This course gives IS professional the ability to use SyncSort as a powerful utility, which in many cases can be used instead of coding a complete report program.
- For a more in-depth course, combine this course with our "SyncSort: In-Depth" and "Advanced SyncSort and SyncTool" courses for an intense 4 day course. Call to customized our SyncSort course offering for your employees.
|Prerequisites: Working knowledge of TSO/ISPF and JCL.|
|Format: Instructor led course with extensive machine exercises.|
- Basic JCL for SYNCSORT
- SYNCSORT Control Cards
- Introduction to SORT WRITER Report Facility
- Variable Block Records with SYNCSORT