SDF (Screen Definition Facility)
|Duration: 1 day|
|Participants: Application developers and screen designers.|
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create CICS MAPSETs and MAPs using SDF.
- Contrast BMS macros with SDF.
- Generate symbolic and physical maps using SDF.
- Use the menus and commands of SDF to create and design user screens.
|Overview: This course is designed to be part of a beginning CICS course. However, it can be presented as a stand-alone course if participants are already familiar with CICS command language programming.|
|Prerequisites: Basic understanding of CICS.|
|Format: Lecture and hands-on workshop. Access to a CICS test region and to SDF from within TSO are required for the workshops.|
- Basics of SDF
Steps to develop and test maps
- Creating Maps
Field attribute definition
Testing maps in SDF
- Creating Mapsets
- Library Management
- Generating Mapsets and Maps
Customizing and submitting JCL
Verifying generation from SDSF or option 3.8
- Testing Mapsets and Maps
CEMT SET PROG(name) NEWCOPY
CECI SEND MAP