|Duration: 3 days|
|Participants: Operations and operations support in an OS/390 MVS environment.|
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use symbolic substitution, overrides, and COND parameters to alter production PROCs.
- Describe the new UNIX JCL.
- Effectively use TSO/ISPF in an operations support environment.
- Develop an effective approach for troubleshooting and solving unknown abends.
- Describe the impact of LE and DB2 on abends.
- Understand the effect of data types on abends.
- Understand the effect of different blocksizes created by MOD, and how abends occur.
- Describe PDSs, PDSEs, and how to manage them, and abends that occur with their mismanagement.
- This course is for those who have attended the 5-day System 370/390 JCL.
- Topics include TSO tips, abend solving, and data management issues.
- Participants are encouraged to bring "problematic situations" to class to share with classmates.
|Prerequisites: This course is for those who have attended the 5-day System 370/390 JCL or those who have a solid knowledge of JCL, including: PROCs, GDGs, concatenation, COND, IF.|
|Format: Lecture and discussion with hands-on exercises.|
- Solving a Variety of Abends
- In-depth Coverage of How Fata is Stored
extents to datasets
- A Solid Review Course on using TSO Effectively
- New ISPF Commands and Panels
- Other Advanced JCL Topics
Advanced techniques for executing PROCs