Java / Web Developer "Boot Camp"
We offer customized intensive training for Java Web Developers who will be working in the corporate world. For reskilling boot camps, we especially focus on mainframe vs web and Object Oriented vs Structured programming. Throughout the boot camp, we point out the similarities and differences in order to ease the transition from mainframe to Java, OO, and web development. Our instructors have extensive experience in both mainframe and web development, as well as the connectivity between the two platforms. Topics include:
- Core Java, Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
- Testing, JUnit
- UML, Object-Oriented (OO) concepts and logic, OO Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns for core Java, MVC, etc.
- Web Technologies Overview
- Server side: Server side: Java, Java servlets, JSPs (JavaServer Pages), Struts, Tiles, JSFs (JavaServer Faces), GUI Design, Spring, JDBC, XML, XSL, XSLT, Database connections, batch files, etc.
- Web page design, development
- Support tools and IDEs (Integrated Development Environments), such as Eclipse, RAD
- Windows, DOS, Unix, Shell Scripts
- Web Servers: Apache TomCat, WebSphere, others
- Connecting batch java and web applications to mainframe processing, such as DB2 Stored Procedures, WebSphere MQ, CICS Web Services, CICS transactions, etc.
- And more . . .
Mainframe Developer "Boot Camp"
We are mainframe programming boot camp specialists. Our boot camps present a client-customized curriculum of courses such as:
- COBOL or PL/I
- Computer Fundamentals
- Processing Logic and Design Tools
- Data and File Management
- Databases: DB2, IMS DB, and/or Oracle
- Transaction Processing: CICS or IMS TM
- JCL, Utilities, SyncSort, OS/390, or z/OS
- TSO and/or CMS
- REXX, CLISTs, TSO Dialog
- Tools, such as File-AID, CompareX, Abend-AID,
InterTest, Xpediter, SDF, etc.
- Testing and Test Plans
- Certification and Cutting to Production
- Client Standards and Guidelines
We customize our curriculum to your needs and time constraints. We work with your instructors, if you plan on using your own staff.
Our instructors pace the training and present workshops based on students' experience and background. Students in our boot camp programs have many different backgrounds, ranging from those who have worked for many years in non-computer positions on the business side to IS college graduates and experienced programmers switching to a new area of expertise.
In addition to class exercises and discussion, our workshops range from specific key-stroke exercises, through loosely-structured workshops that take about one-half to one hour, to comprehensive case studies that can take days or weeks to complete.
Contact Us for More Information:
Call us at 212-730-5245, or if you prefer, email us to receive more information. We are pleased to customize courses and develop new courses to meet your needs.
Boot Camp List
Curriculum Topics List